An umbrella insurance policy extends well beyond your home and auto insurance in case you’re found liable for more than your other insurance policies can cover. A personal umbrella policy gives you the flexibility to select a liability limit that best protects your assets.
Let us look at the importance of having umbrella insurance:
- The first and foremost benefit is against claims of libel, slander, defamation of character, and more. Like we said previously, things that go over and above normal insurance coverage, things that are not typically covered.
- Worldwide Coverage-For incidents that happen overseas, umbrella policies are there to cover you.
- Since umbrella policies can be in addition to your regular insurance, you can get less expensive rates if you get it from your current insurance company.
- Umbrella policies can also cover you on vacation if you get into an accident with a boat, jet ski, or any other kind of motorized vehicle
- Legal Costs-An umbrella policy can also cover you in the case of legal fees and court costs.
Since 1967, Hughes Associates, Inc. has delivered insurance protection that meets the needs of families throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Connecticut. We’ve watched families grow, businesses flourish and needs evolve throughout the years and we’ve evolved to meet each changing need. Decades of experience in the insurance industry have taught us what works and what to avoid when providing the personal care upon which we’ve built a stellar reputation. Contact us at 718-456-8646 if you are in the Ridgewood, NY, Queens, NY, Richmond Hill, NY, Woodhaven, NY, Far Rockaway, and Arverne areas.